Attorney Simon A. Housman - Profile
Mr. Housman obtained his Bachelor of Arts Degree in journalism from Rutgers University in 1977 and obtained his Juris Doctorate from Southwestern University School of Law in 1981.
He is admitted to practice in several States and Federal Courts including: California, New York, New Jersey, United States District Court, Central District Of California, the United States Tax Court and the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals.
Mr. Housman began his own Real Estate and Business Litigation Practice in 1993 after many years working with several prestigious law firms in Los Angeles and Riverside Counties of California.
In addition to his many community service activities, Mr. Housman is an avid rock climber, pilot and appreciates classic machines, owning an antique 1968 Oldsmobile Toronado and a 1993 Harley Davidson FXRP.
- MEDIATOR: Court of Appeal, State of California, Fourth District, Division Two, 3389 Twelfth Street Riverside, CA 92501 Assigned complex real estate title matters.
- INSTRUCTOR: Export Trade Assistance Partnership (ETAP) teaching legal aspects of International Trade and Foreign Corrupt Practices Act compliance (2013 to present).
- CHAIRMAN: Riverside County Airport Land Use Commission. Adopting and implementing land use plans in airport influence areas. (2003-2017).
- COUNTY COMMISSIONER: Riverside County Solid Waste Management Advisory Council. Implementing and updating County Integrated Waste Management Plan (2000-2017).
- MEDIATOR: Superior Court of California, County of Riverside, Civil Mediation Panel. Resolution Program (2009-Present).
- JUDGE PRO TEMPORE: Superior Court of California, County of Riverside Small Claims Department, Traffic Arraignments and Trials (1987-1992 & 2001-2007).
- MAJOR: United States Air Force Auxiliary, Civil Air Patrol; Squadron Commander; Deputy Commander for Cadets; Search & Rescue Mission Pilot, Safety Officer (1996-present).
- EXPLORER-ADVISOR: Explorer Scout Post #844; Post Founder (1998-2004).
- CITY COMMISSIONER: City of Palm Springs, International Airport Commission (1995 -1999), Palm Springs Economic Development Commission (1992-1994).
- EDITOR: Desert Bar Association Bulletin, a Professional Periodical (1988-1996).
- ATTORNEY-COACH: Palm Springs High School Mock Trial Competition (1993-1996).
- SCORING ATTORNEY: Riverside County Mock Trial Competition (1997-2000)
- INSTRUCTOR: Principles of Real Estate and Indian Law, College of the Desert (1990-1991); Real Property Law, Chapman University (1994, 1995).
Areas of Practice:
- REAL ESTATE LITIGATION
- REAL ESTATE TRANSACTIONS
- REAL ESTATE AIRPORT LAND USE PLANNING
- CIVIL - BUSINESS LITIGATION
- CONSTRUCTION LITIGATION - MECHANICS' LIENS
- STOP PAYMENTS (formerly STOP NOTICES)
- COMMERCIAL LANDORD/TENANT
- 1981 California, SBN 101779
- 1982 United States District Court, Central District, California
- 1982 United States Tax Court
- 1983 New Jersey
- 1985 New York
- Desert Bar Association
- Riverside County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- California Bar Association
- New York Bar Association
- New Jersey Bar Association
- Aircraft Owners and Operators Association
- California Pilots Association
- Southwestern University School of Law, Los Angeles, CA (J.D., 1981)
- Rutgers University, New Brunswick, N.J. (B.A., Journalism, 1977)
- Columbia High School, Maplewood, New Jersey (1971)